Monday, April 20, 2009

Dumduhduhdum!

Okay, so not much is happening around here but I'll give you the highlights of the lowlights, yeah?

The big crash.

A week ago, Jeremy's mom (Hanya) was sitting in the kitchen, drinking here tea, when all of a sudden the patio table exploded. As in, really exploded. Was it a bird? Air temperature? A rock? No one knows what happened but there was glass everywhere. What a disaster! Luckily their insurance is covering it and the repair man came to pick up the table today.

Moving on up!

For a while Jeremy's grandparents (Norbert and Margaret) were living here. Shortly before we came, their house sold rather unexpectedly and they needed a place to stay until their new house was ready. So, we had some good times hanging out around here but now they're gone and all is quiet again.

Run Forrest, Run!

I want to be like Forrest Gump. Jeremy and I have embarked on a new journey to be fit, healthy and ready for the next adventure (Annapurna Trail??) so we started running together several weeks ago. I believe we're currently on week 5. I was also inspired by my friend Ruh, who recently completed the NYC marathon. I was so proud of her and encouraged by her journey that I decided I want to do it too (it just might take me longer). I used to be a runner and I think that I could be again. Let's see where this goes. We're also doing a 200 sit-up challenge which is so far going well. If you want to check out our super sweet running program, go here. Oh! And I LOVE having a large selection of food again! Bring on the veggies!!! (It was so hard to find good vegetables while traveling...) This week I convinced Jeremy that spinach is yummy. Yay! And my cute new running shoes (Jeremy calls them the Ronald McDonald shoes)--I think they're spicy!!

Jobs, blobs.

No real luck yet with the job search. I've applied to LOTS but have only had one interview (and because I hassled them with a million phone calls). They said they would call back if I was short listed but no call back. Bummed. It was a good day though and at least I felt good and productive for once! Yesterday Jeremy and I went out and handed out resumes in cafes and pubs. Most people weren't hiring but I did get one interview set up for tomorrow at a gelato shop! Yay for ice cream! Lets hope I get this. Apparently there is another girl coming in too for the interview but there are two positions open--maybe I'll get one? I hope! Life is hard when you have no money, just a few old clothes, no space of your own, and nothing to do. I'm really looking forward to a bit of independence again...

4 comments:

Brandon Barr said...

Sounds like an adventure...best of luck!

Beth said...

Thanks for posting those fitness links!!! I've been trying to find a fitness program that will push me to run--I used to run and really enjoyed it!--but it's been hard to get motivated. I like plans, so having one pre-made is AWESOME! :D

Kortney said...

Hey! You're welcome! This plan is very doable but you may want to extend or repeat a few weeks. We don't have a track to run on but lots of hills instead so repeating a few times was kinda necessary. :) And we try to do the situps on the walk/off days. There's also a 100 pushups program and a 200 squats program. Maybe one day I'll have achieved all three!!! (wishful thinking)

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

Yeah that is awesome on the running plan! (hee hee you will need it if you work at a Gelato shop :)

You will do so well - you have put your mind to it! Way to go, Kort.