Have any of you seen the new show Mumbai Calling? It's like a call center version of The Office based in India. I can't say that the people on the show seem to really enjoy their jobs but they do seem to like each other and know how to have fun--which is where I find myself.
I just started working this week as a telemarketer for Sheer Cover Cosmetics. Luckily, we don't have to do any cold calling but it's still a pain sometimes. And like the show, I'm having fun with my colleagues. I started with three other girls--Annie, Zarah and Christine. They are so much fun. All of them are around 20 or 19 years old which makes me feel like I'm a bit younger. Sometimes we get strange looks from other people in the office because we're always having so much fun laughing about our calls and hanging out. The training was really good which is a huge blessing because I'm not sure I could have done this job if they had just plunked me right in to the lines. So yay for a job, an impending paycheck and new friends! The best part about the position though is that I won't have to work nights and I can come home in time to meet Jeremy and share a dinner together.
His job is going well too. He's still getting to know his coworkers but I had lunch there with him earlier this week and met some of them--they seem really nice. We had the most lovely picnic! There is a cute little park just a couple blocks away from his work that sits on top of a cliff and over looks the city and the harbour bridge! It was so sweet. Everyday I fall more in love with this guy. :)
As for our apartment, it's coming along well. Of course, we were a little disappointed that four lightbulbs burned out within the first two weeks living there and that we had to have a plumber come out to tighten a leaky pipe, but it's a cosy place. And as soon as we get some internet I'll post some pictures. Speaking of internet, Australia has one messed up system and we're having some complications with getting ours hooked up. If you thought WalMart was the perpetrator of the evil empire, then you've never heard of Telstra...
So, I just thought I'd duck into in the internet cafe real quick and give you guys an update. This weekend we're going to try and get a few people to come over for Settlers of Catan and pizza. And then.... More unpacking. :)
Have a good weekend everyone!
2 comments:
We love Settlers of Catan! When your internet get up and running, we should play online via Sea3D.
Good attitude, sometimes it's not what you're doing that matters, but the folks you meet along the way.
Post a Comment