{editted}
You know, I was going to restrict the privacy on my blog to just a few invited readers after someone felt they were entitled to write me one nasty email, but I've decided not to because:
1. I want to live a brave life and I will not be quieted by anyone with something nasty to say. I'm going to live by my values whether they agree or conflict with anyone else's.
2. I will not self edit the things I want to say anymore because I might upset someone. Deal with it people. If you want to read a happy blog about happy people where only happy things happen, go somewhere else. This blog is an honest blog from now on damn it.
3. This blog is about living life to the fullest as an expat, a nomad, and an honest human being. Some of the stories I have demand being shared and I will.
4. I'm a writer. I may only ever publish one thing in my life but my life is to write. You may not feel that this little blog in my little corner of the world is important or significant but it is to me and it means the world to me. If you don't find value in it, get off my page--someone else will take your place.
And hell yes I'm angry.
6 comments:
Hey Kortney! I read your post earlier but just came back now to comment. Glad you're keeping the blog open b/c I love hearing what you're up to!
About stress: this week in one of my classes we were talking about what happiness is. One student made the wise (I think) observation that you can it's definitely possible to be happy in difficult circumstances IF you have hope that things will change.
I know happiness and lack of stress are not the same things - but I think the point is still relevant. You WILL find a full-time job one of these days, you will get a visa, etc. etc. Hang in there!
-Heather
Ah I was so bummed when I went to click on your blog and it said restricted. Thank you for keeping it open. Thank you for being brave. Thank you for your honesty. I love reading what you write so keep it up.
Tiffany
Kortney,
My family is wonderful and yet they will always be my biggest stressor. :) I thought planning a wedding would be stressful...and then my family got involved. It's frustrating when the people you think will be the most supportive and truly loving are the ones being the most passive aggressive and inconsistent.
I'm sorry that you're going through a hard time right now. I wish I could give you a hug or take you out to lunch and bitch about things in general--because sometimes that really helps!--but alas, there's no way I could afford a plane ticket to Australia right now. :S So I'm going to send you cupcakes and lattes telepathically and lots of hugs.
~B
BOO! So sorry you got that email! :( I hope you have an awesome weekend and keep on writing!
And this is why I'm keeping this blog open--amazing, loving, caring, too-kind-to-abandon, encourage me like none other girl friends.
Thanks for your love and warm thoughts. You're right Heather--there is hope and it will get better. I'm going to hold on to that. :)
Tiff, crazy things have happened around us over the years but I'm always surprised and increasingly thankful that through it all, we still have a sweet friendship. I look forward to seeing you when I come home someday. :)
Beth, oh how I would love to eat yummy things with you and just bitch about life. It's so nice to have friends like you. I wish I had gotten to know you better while we were in school but I hope I'm making up for lost time now. :) Good luck with your family and all the wedding planning--family are so stressful but at the end of the day, you're going home and making your own (that keeps me smiling sometimes)!
Ruh, you are such a faithful reader and friend. Your kindness does so much to bolster my spirits and hope in people. Thanks for being one inexhaustible ball of positivity!
Love, Kortney
Keep it open, please! I need something to read for the next 45 days while I wait around to go home for summer vacation. :)
Post a Comment