Woo hoo! I just talked with my recruiter this morning and I've been nominated to Eastern Europe, due to leave in September. Now, that doesn't mean I will leave in September, but it does mean that I'll be considered for their program.
I'm being lumped in with 190 other nominees and they could choose any number of us. This group also has some requirements such as three months of ESL teaching or tutoring. Hopefully I'll be considered though. I taught in China for one month, Vietnam for one month, and I've tutored in the writing center for two years. That will hopefully place me above the rest as far as experience goes. If not this group, I could be moved to another. There is a group leaving for Africa in November and because I have some French experience I may be bumped up to that group.
Nevertheless, the time I can be sure of my destination is when I receive my invitation letter. I still have a lot of stuff to finish before then such as a medical and dental exam and lots more paperwork, but once that's completed I'll be one step closer to an invitation. Let's hope I can leave sooner rather than later!
Peace out!
No comments:
Post a Comment