Well, what do I say? Every day I read updated Peace Corps blogs (click http://www.peacecorpsjournals.com/ to read them yourself) and I am so jealous every time I read a blog announcing some one's invite or departure. My heart is ready to go.
Unfortunately, there is absolutely no way to tell when I will be leaving and I have to find a job for the summer--preferably something full time, challenging, and that pays well! I feel bad knowing with a certain sense of probability that I will leave this fall that this also means I will have to quit my job. Apparently PC gives volunteers 6 weeks notice before departure, which is a pretty generous notice for any job, but I still feel bad going into interviews and not saying anything about this rather lengthy commitment. But if I tell the truth, that I'm probably going to leave in 3-4 months, I will never get a job. How do I live with myself, you ask? I keep saying, "Well, you think you will leave this fall, but you could be leaving next spring or next summer, in which case you will need a job for a much longer period than expected. To tell an employer that you could be leaving this fall is premature." At least that's close to what I recite each night before I go to bed... As for interviews, I had 2 phone interviews this week, 2 phone interviews last week, 2 office interviews last week, and 2 office interviews this week. All interviews are for different jobs. I have no idea how I've avoided confusing them so far...
The medical exams are almost done. Today was supposed to be my last dentist appointment, but darn it! One of my cavities needed a root canal and that set me back. Now I have to go back on Friday morning for another appointment--my third time this week! (I told you the cavity count was high...). But once that will be the last of my dental appointments. Tuesday I got my Polio shot--lots of fun. I also saw the doctor last week for my medical exam which went just fine and I'm healthy. Who would have thunk it? :) Today I went back to the clinic to get my blood work done as well as a TB test. Tomorrow I'm back at the clinic to have a scar looked at (I had a mole removed a couple years ago and the doctor wants to check it) and then Friday afternoon I go back yet again to have my TB test read and collect my lab reports. Then I'm packaging this baby up and saying goodbye!
More stuff on Friday--at 7:00 I'm heading east! Back to Colorado for a week long white water rafting adventure with Aunt Judy and Uncle John. I've never gone before, so my life is in their hands! :) We'll be floating down the Yampa River starting in Colorado and pulling out in Utah. Should be a blast! The stretch we're covering is 77 miles long and we'll go right through Dinosaur National Park. I can't wait to get out an camp again! I haven't gone since I was in grade school. One last hurrah before the great pilgrimage. I'll be back June 12th and hopefully I'll have a job by then and Peace Corps will have grant me medical and dental clearance. I'll be sending my stuff off from Colorado (at least I think so!); please pray that there aren't any more complications and that I get my stuff all finished on Friday.
And that's all folks. Does it seem like I'm busy? :) Between the doctor, the dentist, and job interviews, I'm exhausted, plus when you add in this trip, where does all the time go?
No comments:
Post a Comment