Friday, August 22, 2008

Weekend at Jeremy's

Of course this place looks quite different now (mostly emptier), but you get the drift. Here's the view from his 12th story window and there I am doing not much more than reading a book.



This last weekend we started packing up his place and Monday morning the mover man came and took his couch and bed. From what he's told me, J's now sleeping on the flood on top of a pile of blankets. Today is supposed to be the last day to get his stuff out. I guess he's been up packing all night for the last two days, trying to figure out what goes, what stays and what belongs in Australia. Ahh, the joys of moving! I've been going through a similar process. I almost died this morning trying to carry out a huge box of my garbage. I've decided to have an "Everything's for Sale" sale Sunday night. My hope is that instead of doing something stupid like throwing away all my nice shoes, clothes, my blanket, and suitcases that someone will want them. But I guess if I have to throw it away, I will. I hate being wasteful but I just can't take it all with me. As sad as it is to get rid of some things (like my beautiful patent red leather Guess pumps), it will be fun to buy new stuff! :)

1 comment:

Author: Carissa Burk said...

You're getting rid of shoes?!? that's unreal