Sunday is the day!! Jeremy will be running in the City 2 Surf 14km run from Hyde Park to Bondi Beach and I am so, so, so excited for him!!!
He's been training like a maniac and though he would tell you that I did all the motivating, it's him who has been running 10km 4 times a week preparing for the big day!
When an email went around at work saying they'd pay for employees to run, I urged him to give it a go because we'd been working out pretty regularly for a few weeks and he was starting to like running. It's been three and a half months now since he started training and last Sunday we did his first full 14km run. It wasn't along the race track but rather from our house to Centennial Park and back. He ran and I rode the bike next to him. It was so much fun!
We had a chance to talk along the way, work out our plans for the next year and see new parts of the city!
He got a bit tired after a little while though...
So we stopped and took a break for 10 minutes next to the lake in Centennial Park. It was really pretty out and the perfect place to refuel with some water and a granola bar!
He was a happy little granola bar muncher!! Some of you may notice he's looking rather trim these days. Well, this guy will tell you he's in the best shape he's ever been and when you see the abs he's developing, you'll agree! He's looking hot! (Lucky me!)
Of course my favorite part of the day was on the way home and while passing Moore Park I saw this beautiful scene, so I stopped to take a photo and let Jeremy run on ahead. It really was the perfect afternoon to be out and running.
Let's hope this Sunday is just as good! The forecast looks good, so we'll see! And hopefully after the run I can get him to write me a blog about it. :)
See you all Monday!




2 comments:
Best of Luck, Jeremy!
How did he do?!?!??!
Next time you join him, you go girl! You could do it!
Post a Comment