Yesterday I sent off my medical packet after a few long and laborious weeks. Twice the medical clinic messed up my blood work and three times I had to hand over my arm and veins. For a while I looked like a heroin addict with all the bruises on my arm.
The Peace Corps better know I'm serious about this thing. I've spent almost $2,000 in dental work just so I can qualify. The job interviewing has been rough. Though I've interviewed for numerous jobs, I still haven't reeled in anything. I had a second interview with Windermere today for a new position--director of agent development. I could really use this job; it pays $20 and hour. Unfortunately they won't be hiring for about 3 more weeks, at which point a hope I have another job. Oh, I need work. All these medical and dental bills have drained my savings...
I returned from Colorado on the 12th and had a great time white water rafting. I even learned a few things--I'm now a class 3 rower! Woo hoo! Though we braved wind, rain, thunder, lightning, and even hail, no one ended up in the river. I also made some great friends, one of which is a former peace corps volunteer from Micronesia (my ideal placement)! Following the rafting portion of my trip, I went on a gold mine tour, hiking, and almost made it up one of Colorado's infamous fourteeners--Mt. Evans. This particular mountain has a convenient road to the top, however no convenience store at the top; at about 13,000 ft we were almost out of gas. I made it just far enough up to get a great picture of a mountain goat. As soon as I learn how to post pictures on this thing I'll get it up.
Anyhow, I hope all of you are good. I'm trying to find ways to fill up my days. Unemployment is hard. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment