Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Jobs and other stuff

So, I finally got hired somewhere! Not my ideal job, but one none the less. On Thursday I interviewed for a second time at a real estate agency to fill the position of Director of Agen Development. Sounds impressive huh?! It was basically a new position created to help over 50 agents build their business, track buyers, and maintain records, but alas, I don't think the second interview went well. It was a group interview with four agents and I think they were expecting someone with more experience with real estate. Oh well. I also learned that they don't plan on announcing their pick for another 3 weeks, which would be WAY too late for me. I need some moolah now!! So Friday I interviewed again at the Highland Community Center in Bellevue for a camp counselor position. Twenty minutes later, I was hired. A good thing too--money is running out fast. With all these dentist appointments, bills, and trip to CO, I've blown through about $3,000 this month! YIKES!!! I start work on Wednesday. The camp is a day camp for young people with mental disabilities. The best part: I'm working with my best friend Amanda. I see mischief on the horizon... :D The worst part: the city of Bellevue pays on a month delayed pay schedule, so I won't get a pay check until I've been there one and a 1/2-two months. Sadly, by the time I get my first pay check I may gone for the PC. Worse yet, the camp will be over. It's over Aug. 13th. If I haven't left by then for the PC then I'll be out of work until I do. Hopefully the office will find something for me to do, even if it's just for a week or two. This work thing is getting tricky. Let's hope that my invite is for late August and that I find another part time job for the interim, so that I will have some money for a change. I need to stop making withdrawls and start making deposits into my savings...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.