Sunday, June 24, 2007

Max

Well, on Tuesday I went to visit my dear 1 1/2 year old nephew, Max. We hung out all day while mommy was at work. We played in the cupboard, practiced walking, watched Baby Einstien, read a few books, ate some good snacks, and even took a nap together! He always has so much fun when his Aunt Kortney is around. :) Here are the pictures from our day together:



Above: This one is my personal favorite. What a smooze! I love this face! Max makes some pretty funny faces at times. I tried to include a variety of his goofiness so that you can get to know the real star that he is.

Above: He just came up with this thing all on his own! I didn't need to make this kid pose! He just sticks a bucket on his head and comes looking for me with my camera. I know we've all joked about making him a model baby, but I really think he should be. I'm serious!



Above: This is my second favorite. He was so interested in what I was doing with the camera that he just had to investigate! He loved looking at the pictures with me on the camera's LCD screen.

Following my day with Max, I started my new job. I'm working at a day camp for kids with developmental disabilities--mostly autism. This week was just training but starting Monday we will be having some real fun! My co-workers are great. I am so blessed to be working with such wonderful people. Most of them are believers and they all have the most incredible heart for kids. Though I'm not being paid much, I am so glad that I have this job. Plus, it's giving me some ideas for a second project in the Peace Corps. Perhaps I can start a special ed program at my school?... We had a lecture day with a professional in the field of developmental disabilities on Monday, and when I voiced this idea to him he was really excited to help. He wants to do Peace Corps too! So, I think this might be a good job for the future after all! :) Enjoy the photos folks!
PS: Family: these photos are pretty big files so if you want to download them and make some prints you can!

1 comment:

judy and john said...

Kortney, You seem to have been successful in capturing the essence of our boy. He's so cute, but these photos demonstrate that you've really got a good eye-you've got his playful little spirit right here. J&J