Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sports Day at Mung Yeoung Sae Jae

Yesterday was sports day at Mung Yeoung Sae Jae and the entire girls school was bused up there for a full day in the sun.


A couple of girls with their class flag.

This girl is really funny. She gave me hell at the beginning of the semester but I've won her over to my side and now she adores me. :D

Super chicks. :)

Super silly girls. The one in the middle is one of my favorites.

One of the day's activities was jump roping. You had to get I think 10 people over the most times to win.

It was so hot out! Probably about 90 degrees and I was unfortunately without one of these hats! I had burnt arms by the end of the day!

The PE teacher is a real wacky guy. He won the shoe kicking contest and really ate up the glory. So funny!

Mr. Hong (sometimes referred to as The Gentleman) also did the shoe kicking contest and though his shoe came in second, he kept this same gruff look on his face the whole time, even amid all the cheering students!

Who loves Mung Yeoung Sae Jae? Always beautiful.

One of the events was a hike up to the second gate. Some classes were led by their teachers. This one in particular was super funny. He proudly led with their flag, wearing the class costume, while students marched along behind him.

Phew! Finally reached the second gate!

The last event was a dance battle where each class choreographed their own moves and performed on stage. It was ridiculously hot and I eventually had to abandon my perch with the kids on the grass and seek the shaded teacher's shelter where I eventually fell asleep. lol. I missed nearly half of the dance routines!



2 comments:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

What fun pics! Um. Shoe licking? Yikes! Heee!

Milk Mama said...

Those are fun photos lol! I think my favorite is the super chicks pic!