Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tearing up the rug!

To pass the time around here, we've been renovating the house which includes painting, replacing the skirting boards and trim around the doors, and removing the carpet so we can install hardwood floors.

It's been an adventure--as my previous post suggested--but it got a lot more adventurous yesterday. We found ants in the wall around the door. ACK!

Ants!

I heard Jeremy oh-ing with surprise and came into the room to find him covered with ants and them crawling all over the wall. Turns out they had made a lovely like home under the trim. We sprayed the wall with bug killer but my skin was crawling and I was so grossed out I could hardly look at it. Then he found them again--under another door! What bad luck!

Anyway, it's been fun. Sorta. I puttied walls yesterday, he sanded and today I think there is a little more puttying in the works.

living room 2

1 comment:

Milk Mama said...

Ewwwwwwww ants! At least it isn't cockroaches.