Wednesday, May 13, 2009

India Saved

As you probably remember, my time in India wasn't all that lovely. Or fun. But on my last day there, on my way from Amritsar to Delhi, I met the most lovely family on the train and they honestly saved me from hating India. They were so generous, kind, caring, inquisitive, and sincerely interested in me--not my wallet.

P9175467

We had a wonderful time sitting around, sharing songs and laughing together. They sang me several of their traditional songs from their home village in Kerala and I sang them a traditional song from my home country too--Lean on Me. :) They told me stories and jokes and I shared with them my photos from some of my travels and throughout India. I will never forget them. Honestly, if it hadn't been for this one beautiful family who showed me the kindness of the Indian heart, I probably wouldn't return. But I want to and I will.

Here are a few videos to help experience the moment:





No comments: