Jeremy's asleep and I'm up. It's 5:30 am on Saturday and I haven't had a chance to blog since Thursday last week. These empty morning hours are sacred hours. So much has happend in the last week.
EW, EW, EW!!! OH MY FREAKING GOD!!! A COCKROACH JUST FELL ONTO MY LAP FROM THE UNDERSIDE OF THE COMPUTER DESK!!!
Okay, deep breath....... Deep breath.......
I think my blogging groove has just been thrown off. Can't even my morning hours be sacred and without distraction or invasion? Where are they even coming from?? We've set so many traps and just recently our building was sprayed--how??? And it was a HUGE cockroach too. I swear they are escalating things. The cockroaches are now making surprise, night attacks on our persons. As if the dishwasher wasn't enough...
To all of you out there thinking Australia is some big, beautiful, paradise island in the south pacific, stop dreaming. This place is a cockroach pit. I hate those damn creepy crawlys from hell...
3 comments:
Cockroaches are the WORST! People in America don't understand how horrifying tropical ones are! *shudder*
We had one house in Ghana where the plumbing and sewers were somewhat TOO closely connected, and we would get cockroaches crawling up the drains all the time. At night, if we ever had to go the bathroom, it would be the worst if we stumbled in bleary eyed, only to sit down and see on the opposite wall, a fat cockroach, trying to get closer. AHHH!!! And then you're sitting on the toilet thinking, "Is it better to just hold it until morning? Can I make it to the door before the cockroach flies at me? Oh shoot! Now I can't pee because I'm scared!!!" Hahahaha...oh the traumas of youth. :)
OMG! I died laughing! So sorry to laugh at you, but the way you wrote it, I could feeeel the creepy crawly-ness of it! EW!
Ruh--You have no idea!! It was so scary!! lol. And was too frightened to kill it so we just kind of stared at each other until he slinked off. I'm such a wuss! (Actually, I really did want to kill it but I stopped when I thought about the stain it might leave on our carpet.)
Beth--Your Ghana story cracked me up! lol. When I was a kid, I had nightmares about Freddy Kruger coming up out of the drain but I think I would actually it be him than a cockroach! Eeek! I once saw one in the bathroom in the middle of the night and it scared me to the point where I couldn't pee! lol. They really are creepy crawlys from hell!
Post a Comment