My application has been received and later today I will have my visa health check. From what I can tell, all it entails is a chest x-ray and me answering a few questions. Nothing too exciting but your well wishes are appreciated none the less.
Hopefully this visa is granted quickly because I really want to go home and we are (surprisingly) close to having all the money we need to purchase tickets! One of the stipulations of the bridging visa is that you can't leave the country until your status has been resolved (lest you wish to forgo any and all work you've done up to that point) which means we can't buy tickets, even if the flights are six months in advance. It's unlikely that the visa processing will take that long but it's certainly not unheard of and I'm not taking any chances.
I'm also quite anxious to start looking for full time work! Even though temping is varied and interesting, I would really like a bit more consistency. Not knowing if I'll have a paycheck in a couple weeks scares me (which is why I pay my student loans 3 months in advance) and stresses me out to the point where I'm grumpy and jumpy. Just another reason to get this visa stuff done quickly!
2 comments:
Yay! So exciting!
I went to Ephrata earlier this week and visited EVERYONE. It was fun. Thought of you!
I SO want you to visit! :)
Post a Comment