I feel so tired lately. I've been working full time for the last month and I had forgotten how much energy that took. My day is reduced to wake up, shower, make lunches, watch news, check emails (but don't reply), catch the bus, work, eat lunch with Jeremy, day dream, work more, catch another bus, cook dinner, watch house, brush teeth, and repeat.
But, in the midst of my exhaustion, some good things are happening.
1. We turned in the visa application and I did my health check. We're still waiting for the results as well as the letter of confirmation for the submission of the visa, but all in good time I suspect.
2. Because I've had so much work, we've been able to save a bit of money and we almost have enough to come home. Never mind we only have enough for the flights but that's at least a start. We'll have to wait for the visa to be approved before I leave the country (and before we purchase tickets) but I'm really excited about seeing my family again.
3. We're a couple of dreamers and even though I don't have full time work and even though we don't have money, we're going to start putting it aside for a real vacation. Maybe Burma in December? We're hoping to take advantage of Jeremy's forced leave around Christmas. And we're desperate for a change of scene. Life here is a little boring...
4. I got paid for my photography! Yay! It wasn't much but more than what I expected. We've since decided to put that towards our trip home and I'll worry about camera gear later. Family first, camera second. (Trying to get my priorities in order!)
5. Jeremy's birthday is on April 5th and we're making plans for our big 4 day weekend! Okay, so we can't really do much but we do plan on going to Luna Park (Sydney's Coney Island equivalent) and picnicking on the harbour (we bought some expensive goat cheese for the occasion since we don't have money go away but still deserve a treat). There might also be some hiking and beach coming in this weekend adventure--stay tuned!
6. I've been in touch with the Korean Times and I'm writing an article for them about Jeomchon as a second part to their story on Mungyeong and the hidden gems of Korean tourism! This is SUPER exciting to get my first piece published in a national paper! And they want to print some pictures to go along with it! They intend to run it on or around April 9th so I'll keep you posted when it goes to print! I love success. Make me feel so confident. :)
7. Easter and Passover! We've been blessed with a lovely package from Mom and Grandma with birthday presents for Jeremy and yummy chocolate for us both to share! I love Easter! We're also planning to have our first family Seder and we've purchased some matzo to make some matzo ball soup! (Not really that delicious but void of calories, so...) I'm also making us a wild goat roast! Never done roast (or goat!) before so I'm hoping it works out! Can't wait to tell you all about it! A special blog is coming up about the Seder!!
8. It's raining and it hasn't rained in weeks! I know some of you will think I'm crazy for saying this but I'm so sick of sun. I just want some real dark and cold days! The rain today is the best reprieve I've had from pit stains and a sweaty back in weeks! Our house has been roasting inside and all I can think about--dream about!--is snow and other cold wet things. Like pavement. I am a Northwest girl through-and-through. I often wonder if I have RSAD (Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder) because I seriously feel drained of energy on sunny days and I feel my best in the dark hours before sunrise. And it's even weirder when your seasons are backwards. Right now, my body is saying, "Hey! It should be getting warmer here!" But my head knows it's getting cooler. It really messes me up. But to top it off, spring and fall are like two week seasons here which means there is almost no transition period to ease your way in. I feel like I'm in a seasonal vacuum! And even though it'll get "cooler," it will never get "cold." This body was made to vacation in the tropics--not live in them. Us Anglo Saxons were never meant for the desert.
And, as a side note, I wanted to share with you one of the cute little things Jeremy did today. We have this on-going joke at work that's been perpetuating for months (I keep getting called back to temp at his work place). Whenever I stop by his desk and he's not there, I leave silly little post-it notes in unexpected places. He usually finds them right away like in his coffee cup or under his keyboard but sometimes it takes him a while like the one under his desk or the one in a binder (I think the one in the binder lasted about 3 weeks). Well, today I arrived at work to find a post-it on my desk that said, "Two can play this game!" He didn't leave me many but they were wonderful all the same. I found one under my mouse with some undecipherable scribble on it (Jeremy has atrocious handwriting--he used to be called in to professor's offices to read them his papers) and one in my notebook with a silly little self portrait on it! I was quite surprised and even though I had a tough day today, those little notes gave me reason to smile.
Can I just say that I love, love, love this guy? It's so wonderful to know him and be loved by him. I came across some of my old boyfriends on Facebook today and it really made me realize how fortunate I am that it never worked out between me and them. They are every where and every thing I don't want to be. I'm sure they are still kind people, but wow, my life would be vastly different and I would hate it. Someone had bigger plans for me--and bigger plans yet! I'm so glad to be on this journey with Jeremy. He once called me his Sputnik (Russian for "traveling companion") and I wouldn't have it any other way.
3 comments:
Being formerly from Phoenix, I know hot. Don't like it much. People there spend as little time as possible outside, going from their air-conditioned houses to their air-conditioned offices in their air conditioned autos. Wishing you a cool breeze and maybe a rain shower.
I'm with you about rain, Kortney. I love rainy days and you'll never hear me complain about the rain. It rained throughout the night here and there's more about for today by the looks of it. Amongst it all your post displays a certain contentment. And never feel coy about expressing your love for Jeremy. It appears you have a wonderful relationship...something well worth shouting about! I hope you have a wonderful Easter and enjoy all those goodies that you have.
I'd be too tired to blog too if I had your schedule!
That is AWESOME that you've been paid for your photography, and that article for the Korean Times sounds really promising :) You go girl!
I love that you get to work at Jeremy's work too and have that game together. So cute!
Post a Comment