Friday, August 28, 2009

Picnic in the Park

P1050107

A couple weeks ago, me, Jeremy and our German exchange friend Laura had a fun picnic in the Sydney Botanic Gardens next to the Opera House.

P1050104

I was in charge of lunch and thought I would try some new couscous recipe I was dying to make. However, I didn't have a few ingredients that later became necessary and I'm afraid I botched the whole lot of it. We ended up eating tortillas with tzatziki dip and pesto. It was a little plain but still delicious.

P1050109

It really was a nice day though and it was fun to be there with the sun out and beautiful views of the harbour. We even saw some sky-writing by a little plane. We watched him for a while as he wrote "call mum" in the sky. I wonder whose mum I was supposed to call?

P1050103

We all had a great time. Unfortunately, Laura will be heading back to Germany soon so hopefully we'll get a few more picnics in before she leaves. :)

1 comment:

Trina said...

Hey Kortney!
So I saw that you started following my blog awhile ago, and I am just now getting around to reading other peoples'! Anyway, your blog is super cute and so are these pics! Man, speaking of photos... your other blog is AM-A-ZA-ZING in that department!!!!!