I dropped in to the health food store today to pick up some more organic soap and was approached by a woman (who I don't know, btw) who had revelation for me that I have a deep and wise soul. She said I feel things very deeply and that I should become a counselor/therapist. Crazy thing: I was seriously just telling Jeremy earlier this week that I'm interested in studying psychology to become a counselor. We constantly toss around career ideas but I really meant that one.
I've been really interested in counseling ever since I wrote an article about the counseling services at Northwest University where I met with one of their counselors for an interview and a couple sessions. Sara was her name and she was amazing. I started going just for the article but I stayed for the whole year because I soon realized how wonderful it was to get rational, unbiased advice when faced with difficult decisions (I later quite the newspaper--it was a good decision!). I've always been in awe of how loving and kind she was and how useful those sessions were for me as a healthy, rational, decision-making person, and ever since then I've felt a deep desire to do that for someone else. I've also always known that my life story and experiences were given to me for a reason--to share with other people as pearls of wisdom.
Anyway, it was weird to hear that from a stranger. She also perfectly read my situation this week assuring me that I am loved and that even though some people are sending me negative thoughts and energy, I shouldn't let them get me down (I'm still feeling a bit stressed by this whole friend dilemma). And as she finished she offered me a hug, calling out to me as I walked away, "Don't worry, you will make a great therapist. It's your life's path!"
Are the grocery store gods apologizing for the beating I got last weekend when that aboriginal woman attacked me in Harris Farm? Could this have indeed been divine appointment or just a coincidence? Or maybe she's crazy too and I just attract crazies like moths to a light bulb? If so, maybe I should be considering counseling... All jokes aside, it's got me thinking. What would you do with this situation? I'm genuinely interested in your thoughts.
6 comments:
It sounds to me like God wanted to make sure you didn't miss the cues! He uses some of the most random people sometimes to bring more attention to something he's already told us about! Keep praying about it and, no matter what you decide, keep on keeping on. Life isn't any fun if you cruise.
Who knows, Maybe that is your calling. The main thing is, that those random people keep finding you. Don't give up going to the grocery! You never know who you will be meeting next.
I think you were just entertaining an angel and not even knowing it...
What a cool story. I am a huge advocate of going after your dreams. My problem is that my dream keeps changing from week to week!
My dad, sister, and best friend are all MA counselors. Expensive grad programs, but fulfilling career!
Well, if we lived in the same city and you were open for business as a counselor I'd be making appointments to come see you! That could be a very rewarding career and after awhile I bet you could set up a nice schedule...Hm...
Yeah, I like the idea of setting my own schedule! :) So strange that I keep having these unusual experiences in grocery stores! I'm hoping I meet someone famous next Saturday! lol.
Maybe we should all make an attempt at following our dreams...just like our intrepid young sailor, Jessica!
Nothing lost, Kortney! :)
Post a Comment