One night over Easter weekend, Jeremy and I went for a walk across Sydney Harbour Bridge and over to Luna Park!
It was so cool walking over the bridge! We could see everything and there was hardly anyone out! Not to mention the sun was getting low and with the bridge looming high above, I felt like I was in an engineering cathedral.
Sydney Harbour in the golden hours. Lovely. Too bad there aren't benches on the bridge sidewalks--I would have sat there all afternoon.
Milson's Point, just across the Harbour from the Opera House, is cute and quaint and expensive--just as the rich like it. We were almost here when Jeremy said he had finally figured out the Sydney-sider's meaning of life: a harbour view. I think he's on to something...
This is a poor quality photo of terrace houses because they are sooo much cuter than this, but one none the less to show you what lines the streets all over Sydney. Terrace Houses are pretty much unique to this city in Australia and these ones are original (as in circa 1840's). All three are up for sale right now and if you ask me, I bet they sell for over 1 million dollars each (that is, if they are un-refurished inside, otherwise you should add another $700k). They are pretty sweet and should I find myself still here in Sydney come age 40, I hope I have one.
I haven't been to the Olympic pool in Milson's Point yet but it looks tempting! Nestled right next to the bridge along the boardwalk next to the harbour and Luna Park, this is pretty much the perfect place to swim. Wait, I take that back--this is the perfect place to swim!
Walking down to Luna Park (much like NY's Coney Island) is exciting!
I just love how the sun makes everything glow!
Beth says these teeth are scary and I agree! I kept thinking of that big mouth eating people!
We rode the Ferris Wheel and kissed like a couple of high schoolers on a first date. So much fun. :)
This Carousel was the first in Australia and if you look closely, there is a black steam engine which powers the ride just to the left of center.
After a few spinning rides, we started feeling pretty sick so we gave up and decided to just walk around and take pictures. I guess that's a good sign that I'm getting old. I seriously thought I was going to puke--probably from all the cotton candy and the hot dog I ate. :S
We weren't there for long but long enough to have had some fun...

So we headed down to the ferry pier and waited for the last boat back to Circular Quay. Just before we boarded, I took this long exposure shot from Jeremy's camera--don't you just love it? The colors are magnificent. My night shots never come out this good, but I still try! I'll have to go back to Luna Park sometime and take some more photos with my camera--I think the fisheye lens would be pretty cool on that entrance...














5 comments:
A fun time had by all. Makes want to be there.
This is the video I was talking about before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnGJHlhL9DE
Wah! Those are weird teeth! lol. Thanks for sharing!
I feel like I was there with you, Kortney...thanks for the trip!
Beautiful pictures. I think Sydney is my favorite city! Thanks for your visit and comments too :)
Post a Comment