Monday, April 19, 2010

That Time Jeremy Turned 29

Dear Jeremy,

I'm sorry I didn't post this sooner but I've been busy having so much fun with you! Happy Birthday, my love! You mean the world to me and though I can imagine what life would be like without you, I can't imagine it being any better.

Train 44

You are such a wonderful friend--a best friend. Meeting you was a surprise from the start. I didn't even think you liked me on that first date but having you call me nearly every night afterwards was a major confidence booster. I was never serious about any guys before I met you but then again, I had never met anyone like you. Being with you is like being home. I've never once felt uncomfortable with you. The honesty and love we share came upon me without me even knowing it. It was the most natural thing, like waking up slowly from a nap.

P2189746

Of course, it's easy to love a face like yours! It's like I said the other day when we were exhausted after a tickle war, being married is like being 12 again but always having someone to play with! I remember the day, almost two years ago, when I told you that you were my best friend and you returned the compliment with a tear in your eye. I think we share a lot more than common interests--we share a common heart.

PC097060

Meeting you and falling in love has been the greatest adventure of my life. You fill me with wonder and you challenge me all the time. I can always count on you to find the answers to my most complex questions and to sharpen me like iron on iron when it comes to solving the world's problems.

P1010917

I think the most unexpected part of the adventure (so far) has been our success at communicating with each other. It is such a relief to know that I can tell you anything--anything at all, no matter how embarrassing or shameful--and you accept me as I am. There is so much freedom in that kind of love. I love you for your commitment to our life together. Do you remember a couple months ago when we had that argument (who knows what it was about!) and we were staring each other down, waiting for the other to pull the proverbial gun? Not a word was said. We just stared at each other until our lips started twitching and then our guns misfired and we doubled over laughing at our own silliness! That's the kind of love I always wanted and the kind of love I'm so glad I have--the kind of love that says, "This is so lame!" and laughs in the face of pride.

P2200045

You bring out the best in me. You've helped me be more forgiving, to be more accepting, to think more logically and to also follow my instincts. I live a happier, more balanced and certainly more fulfilling life because you're a part of it. I hope I've had the same effect on you! ;)

PB236712

Our travels together were dream fulfilling but I know they aren't over yet. Every day we have together is a journey and though we don't really know where we're going yet, we do know we're going together. You called me your Sputnik once and I promise to always stay by your side. We'll conquer the world together and to all those people who say we can't, I say, "Watch us!"

P1040960

Thank you for loving me, for sticking by me, for taking a chance on love and for rescuing me. I promise to always, always do the same for you. 

Happy Birthday, Jeremy! I love you to the moon and back. xoxo

--Kortney

2 comments:

Lee said...

Awwww...that's wonderful, Kortney. And what is even more wonderful is you have the courage and confidence in putting your feelings into the written word.

Good on you!

Wonder Woman said...

FREAKING A-DORABLE! Nice one!