My life feels like a soap opera.
So, Peace Corps cleared me of knee issues but has decided to keep me on medical hold until I can see a dermatoloist now. How thoughtful of them, huh? It's an incredibly long story about how this happened, one which is way to complicated for me to relay in this blog. And it doesn't matter. The reality is that I can't get to a dematologist before their deadline, thus I have reached a dead end.
After spending so many hours crying about it, I woke up yesterday morning and God gave me a new perspective. He showed me all the problems and complications that I've encountered and how hard I've tried despite the very minimal results. The big picture showed me fighting against Him to get what I want. It wasn't until I hit the trite "rock bottom" that I realized how badly I needed His help. I just can't do everything on my own.
So, following this conversation with God, I got online and started looking up esl jobs overseas and have found amazing success. Within two hours of sending off some applications to South Korea, I had received three phone calls from different schools asking to interview me and already making job offers. The typical position I'm being offered is teaching high school English from 4 PM - 10 PM (ouch, that's late!) for $2,400 a month. Along with that is free housing, free airfare, free medical insurance, a contract completion bonus of $2,000, paid vacations, provided curriculum, and a start date at the end of August.
Who would have thought that all the time I was preparing for the Peace Corps I would end up teaching in South Korea? These offers seem way to convenient to be mistakes. Plus--horray!--the contract for all of these jobs is just one year, which means I can come home earlier than expected. I also love that I will be able to save most of my money and pay off all of my student loans, plus save some for grad school.
Tonight I will have another interview at midnight (oh I hate time changes)! Let's hope things go well. If I accept this job, I will be leaving August 20th and starting August 22nd. I can't believe this is happening so fast!
If you too are interested in something similar, visit www.esljobfeed.com for some job postings. Most schools don't care if you've had experience or not. They don't really care much even what you're degree is in, but they all seem to be really good.
No comments:
Post a Comment