Saturday, July 21, 2007

Peace Corps Update

So, after a lot of hard work, I have finally turned in all of my appeal information. I sent them 8 letters from my supervisors, coaches, and fitness instructors that bear witness to my physical ability, along with an evaluation from a physical therapist, an x-ray technician, and two letters from my doctor. Let's pray this is enough information for them!

The process from here on out is a little unpredictable. My reviewing nurse (who really isn't very helpful and generally a negative woman) will be reviewing my file and making her decision (yes or no) on Monday or Tuesday, at which point she will call me and let me know. If her decision is yes, I will be medically cleared that day and ready to go. If her decision is no, my file will be sent to a medical review board (of which she is not on) which will make the final yes or no regarding my appeal--I will know their answer by Thursday.

What does all of this amount to? A lot of stress. Keep praying. I don't think this nurse likes me in particular and I have my doubts about her willingness to green-light me. Though I am confident in the information I provided her, I could still use some extra prayer. Keep sending them up for me! Monday can't come soon enough!!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Hey, hang in there and let me know what you find out. I am praying that what is the right thing for you to do will happen.
I also asked my dear friend, Eryn to email you a link to this teaching-english-in-Korea thing that she and her husband are thinking seriously about. We are in Canada for the week, but I will try to give you a call tomorrow.
Love ya!