What better excuse to go hiking than to make a movie? I've decided to make a movie of me doing active things in addition to the many letters I'm sending Peace Corps for the appeals process. So yesterday I grabbed my friend Joe and took him out for an adventure. We hiked up to Heather Lake but turned around just as we approached the lake because of a bear. Though I'm sure we could have scared him off, why bother when you could just avoid him? When we got back to the car, it was up the road for some more action! We visited Big Four Ice Caves. I had never been there before so this was quite the adventure, but we had a really great time. It was amazing to feel both cold and hot air at the same time because the breeze coming from inside the caves felt like air conditioning. Though we probably shouldn't have gone inside them--warning signs were everywhere--we did. We even hiked to the back of one dark cave and found a waterfall coming down a rock wall into the cave! Kinda scary though. You never know when one will cave in... After that, I think we had our fill of adrenaline and decided to observe their beauty from the outside instead. It was a great trip to some old and new territory. I can't wait to go again!
This is the edge of an ice cave. I really like the way the ice melts.
My best friend Joe and I; we look like a couple from one of those marriage retreat brochures.
This is that waterfall I wrote about. Beautiful huh?
Yeah, looking cheesy...
The view from inside a cave looking out.
Danger!? What danger?
The expansive root system of an upturned tree on the hike to Heather Lake.
This is Heather Lake--taken just minutes before we met the bear.
Okay, so this picture is from a different hike. I went to Rattlesnake Mountain about 2 weeks ago on what was probably the hardest hike I've been on yet. Maybe it was because the first turn around point was 4 miles straight up hill, or maybe it was my old shoes, but either way I didn't want to walk for a couple days.
No comments:
Post a Comment