Good news: Peace Corps cleared the hold on my knee.
Bad news: The overall hold is still in place because they want me to have a skin check by a dermatologist.
This all began when I went in to see the doctor about my knee and she wrote on the letter regarding my knee that I should see a dermatologist. Even though I had already had a mole check, she thought this would be good to do just one more time. Even though I told her this would only complicate matters more, she insisted. Now Peace Corps thinks I have something wrong with my skin and I can't get cleared until I see a dermatologist. What do I do? I just can't win...
I do have a derm appointment set at the clinic for August 22nd but it will be too late. I need one now! I am so upset. I don't know anymore... How much more of this can I take?
I've called about 25 dermatology offices today hoping that someone will just do a quick mole check for free and thus far I've been hung up on almost 50% of the time. The rest of them I left messages with.
Oh, and you know how much it costs to see a dermatologist without health insurance? $800!!!!! I feel like there is no hope. I just want to give up. And yet I'm so close. I feel like a horse with a carrot dangling in front of my face. How much more should I put into this before I call it quits?
If any of you know/are friends with/related to a dermatologist, please, please, please help me.
No comments:
Post a Comment