Thursday, March 6, 2008

First Day back at Munchang

Here's how the numbers work:

Dinner date requests: 2
Marriage proposals: 1
Requests for my phone number: 4
Requests for my address: 3
Confessions of love: 2
New computer: priceless--literally. This thing is about as old as the Commodore 64.

I forgot to mention it but I was evicted from my previous desk the other day when I came to pick up my new curriculum and was told that I would have to share a desk. No problem, right? I don't mind sharing, especially since I'm only here twice a week, except this other teacher kept all the drawers locked and left me no space to put my books or teaching materials. I was a little pissed. Fortunately, (or maybe unfortunately...) I returned to school today to find that a new desk had been assigned to me next to one a new male math teacher. Later I was told that this guy is married and to be careful because he really wants to know me and insisted that I get the desk next to his... Just when I got rid of Crazy Cow (who moved to the 3rd year building) I acquire a new married admirer...

1 comment:

Linguisticnurse said...

There is always a bright side: you now know to tell Americans desperate for a relationship to move to Korea!

And no fair about the commodore. I grew up with one of those. You should seriously keep it either for posterity or to later benefit from its status as an antique.