Let's do a recap.
While in Kyrgyzstan, Jeremy and I were hanging out at the hot springs in the mountains, in the early days of winter when fewer and fewer people were venturing up to such heights. It was here that I met Todd, a guy from South Africa who just happens to be the son of a missionary there and good friend of my friend Andrea Cannon from Northwest. They pretty much grew up together. Small world.
And then I went to Turkey and had just returned to the hostel from lunch when I ran into Ian, a guy I met in Pakistan about a 3 weeks earlier. We were staying at the same hostel in Lahore and now, once again, the same hostel in Istanbul. In Lahore, there's only one hostel and really only one place for backpackers, but in Istanbul, there are too many to count. It just happens that Jeremy had been contemplating a jaunt into Iran after we part ways in December but alas, Genghis Khan couldn't have scoured Istanbul's numerous bookshops better than we did, and still, no Lonely Planet Guide for Iran was found. But Ian had just come from Iran, and unlike so many nostalgic travelers, was willing to part with his guide without payment. Amazing. And it happens to be the latest edition--published in July 2008 I think. Small world.
Now I'm in Tbilisi, Georgia staying at Jennifer Cook's house--a girl I went to high school with. Jenni came to Georgia with YWAM and is now on their start-up staff here. Talk about a catch-up! We had so much to share with each other about people from school and LOTS of memories to pour over like when the Lee Theatre had a Rug Rats party when the movie came out and painted the characters on the side, but less than two days went by before KJ O'Neil was out there with a paintball gun "redecorating." Of all the places to meet up with high school buddies--war-torn Georgia! Small world.
Who will I meet next?
3 comments:
That is pretty great. Home isn't so far away afterall.
Awesome!!! WOW!! You go, world - traveller. :)
Definitely a cool story!!!
I just had to laugh at this line, "planning a jaunt into Iran..."
Who jaunts into Iran??? LOL! Kortney, you are too cool for words. ;)
Hmm... cool is the word of the day apparently... Sorry for that. ROFL.
Post a Comment