Reasons to be joyful:
1. I survived the bus ride to Hopa, Turkey from Erzurum. Holy cow. Miraculously, I didn't get sick until the very end. Our driver hurled our bus up and down perilously steep cliffs next to infinitely deep ravines (yes, at times the bottom was too far away to see) all the while speeding up as he rounded corners and passed cars in oncoming traffic. On one lane roads. With rock cliffs on the other side. I survived 6 hours of this.
2. We made it in to Georgia last night without many problems (though there was some minor confusion as to why people with anything other than a Turkish visa would cross the border in Georgia). My visa was free but Jeremy--poor guy--had to pay $60 for his. Ouch! And the sucky thing is that he'll have to buy a second one on the way back from Armenia. But mine was fee. So I'm happy.
3. My pension money from Korea finally came in which means that I won't have to leave J at the end of October and instead I can continue traveling for another month or two. Yay!!
4. Georgia is BEAUTIFUL and the people are NICE! Who would have thought? After all the miscreants and vultures we met in Kyrgyzstan, Turkey, India, and Pakistan, I was beginning to wonder if all the nice people in Asia had been corralled and held against their will somewhere.
5. My student loan has been deferred. Big sigh of relief.
6. I have the sweetest boyfriend. Here's a cute story for you all: we were staying at a hostel in Istanbul and I was feeling a little sick but decided to join him while he read in the common room. But the place was full of smoke and it was making me choke up so I got up and left, crawled into my little twin bunk bed, turned on the lamp, and started reading there. About 10 minutes later Jeremy comes peeking in through the door and curls up into my bed next to me. He said, "I was wondering where you went. I thought you went to the bathroom but you didn't come back and I missed you. I wanted you next to me." Awe! Melting... I'm melting... Cute things like this happen everyday and I'm so glad that I get to share this wonderful adventure with him. It's really bringing us so much closer and showing me everyday a million new reasons why I love him so much.
3. My pension money from Korea finally came in which means that I won't have to leave J at the end of October and instead I can continue traveling for another month or two. Yay!!
4. Georgia is BEAUTIFUL and the people are NICE! Who would have thought? After all the miscreants and vultures we met in Kyrgyzstan, Turkey, India, and Pakistan, I was beginning to wonder if all the nice people in Asia had been corralled and held against their will somewhere.
5. My student loan has been deferred. Big sigh of relief.
6. I have the sweetest boyfriend. Here's a cute story for you all: we were staying at a hostel in Istanbul and I was feeling a little sick but decided to join him while he read in the common room. But the place was full of smoke and it was making me choke up so I got up and left, crawled into my little twin bunk bed, turned on the lamp, and started reading there. About 10 minutes later Jeremy comes peeking in through the door and curls up into my bed next to me. He said, "I was wondering where you went. I thought you went to the bathroom but you didn't come back and I missed you. I wanted you next to me." Awe! Melting... I'm melting... Cute things like this happen everyday and I'm so glad that I get to share this wonderful adventure with him. It's really bringing us so much closer and showing me everyday a million new reasons why I love him so much.
2 comments:
I would gag on the cuteness if I weren't sniffling in minor jealousy.
Awwwwwwww. :) Very happy for you.
I would say that driving and drivers abroad come with their own set of challenges. Sounds like your bus driver must be Italian. Glad to hear that you've still got some $$$.
Post a Comment