Sunday, October 5, 2008

Kyrgyzstan--the drier side.

I LOVE this photo. It is awkward in the most INCREDIBLE ways.
Kinda makes me think of Grand Junction, Colorado.


The most beautiful fields below towering, sage covered mountains, surrounding Issyk Kol Lake. Bliss.
These super goofy old men on our mashrutka (mini bus) to Karakol told Jeremy that I was a good choice based purely on my looks as I can't speak a word of Russian. Ha! Love the gold teeth. :)

Oh, and they wanted Jeremy to wear this hat. And they wanted me to photograph it. Hahaha!! He looks so funny. :) And yes, the men here really do wear these traditional hats on a regular basis...

2 comments:

M.L. said...

Kortney, I might be missing the "awkwardness" of the first picture, but it looks a hell of a lot like the Columbia Basin. Yikes. :) Also- Jeremy's very cute. I'll approve HIM based solely on his looks.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kortney: I love the pictures and news about your Journey. Keep safe and enjoy. I like the all the pictures of Jeremys too,He is very handsome, I approve too! You can call him your Best Friend and be proud. Love you Mom..Hope you have had a good birthday this year. Hpy 24th.