Thursday, February 26, 2009

WAT'cha lookin' at? Day 3

The third day in Siem Reap went a lot better. My knee was back to normal and we rented much better bikes for the long and bumpy road.

Remember the movie Tomb Raider with Angelina Jolie? We went to Ta Prohm where that movie was filmed and spent some time walking around the ruins (which really are ruined).


P2210255

An alter in the shadows.

P2210242

The tree that ate the temple.

P2210221

P2210182

P2210203

I love the way nature has changed the color of the stones.

We also hit up Angkor Wat--the most famous temple of Cambodia and one-time back drop for the movie Mortal Combat.

P2200088

Jeremy pretending he is the Tomb Raider.

P2200084

It's rare that I get a good photo of me! Thanks, J!

P2200054

P2200049

P2200018

P2200025

It was a long day of nearly 30 kms of biking in the hot sun. I got a little burnt but oh well. We managed to see everything we wanted to and still had some energy left in the evening to do a little internet. Seeing Angkor Wat is a dream come true. I hope all of you get a chance to see it too one day. :)

No comments: