I got up at 4 am this morning to use the bathroom and found the dishwasher still going (we set it before bed) and making some weird sounds. I got Jeremy up and the only way we could stop the thing was to turn off the power at the wall (Australian outlets have switches on them).
Well, tonight Jeremy did some research and found that other people who experienced this with the same error code had found the cause to be cockroaches laying eggs in the drainage tubes.
Oh. My. God.
We have had cockroaches in our dishwasher before.
So Jeremy took the thing apart as far as he could and what did he find? Tons of gooey white things in the food trap that look suspiciously like cockroach eggs.
I thought I was going to puke. I absolutely hate cockroaches.
And did I mention that earlier this week we found loads of mold growing in our closet and in the cupboard under our bathroom sink? It took me a long time to clean it all out.
Mold + Cockroaches in the dishwasher = reason to find a new house.
9 comments:
NASTY!!!!!!!
*gags*
I HATE COCKROACHES!!!!
I hope you two can find a new place quick!
~B
PS. Loved your last entry. And I remember the Tillamook "sermon" from chapel at NU. Nice to know he recycles. ;)
ditto on 'for the record'
Oh god. That makes me want to puke.
Oh man. Puke and wash all dishes by hand.
p.s. Like Beth, I also liked your last entry. I think it's a natural way to feel after spending more than two hours as a thinking woman in the superficial 'faithyness' of NU.
Kortney,
I never knew someone could define my own beliefs and thoughts more beautifully than I could. That is exactly how I feel but I have never been able to say it like you. Thank you for writing that piece.
Oh, you ladies made my day with your comments. Thanks for agreeing with me and "getting" my message.
Beth, I find it hilarious that he thought that message was good enough to repeat! lol.
As for the cockroaches, I have no idea what to do. Moving is totally on my mind though. I'm not sure we'll keep using the dishwasher after that (it's still broken anyway). The landlord told us to call the company who makes it and to fix it ourselves with their "over the phone directions". And then the dishwasher actually blew a breaker last night. I'm pretty sure that can't be fixed over the phone...
I met you once in Seoul and knew Jeremy through other friends while teaching in Seoul. A mutual friend forwarded me your blog quite some time ago. I've since read your blog and looked at your beautiful photography. I'm writing now because I feel like I absolutely had to thank you for writing the previous piece about religion. You wrote exactly how I feel about the topic. Keep writing. Keep photograhing.
Take care!
Wonder Woman, will you please share your true identity with me?? :) I can't figure out who you are though I don't doubt that we met. Is it Crystal? Jeremy and I are both wondering...
I'm glad you liked the piece on religion and I'm so glad that there are other people out there who feel like I do. :)
Yes, good guess!
Post a Comment