Hello, my name is Kortney and I would like the world to know that I like free.
When Jeremy and I moved to Sydney, we joined an online group of people who recycle their unwanted goods by giving them to there people for free. And I like free.
So far, we've acquired a rice cooker, a coffee pot, a spare computer (for parts as J wants to build a server), a marble cheese slicer, a GPS unit for the car (which is broken but then again, we don't have a car either... It's one of Jeremy's "toys"), a cordless telephone, and a couch!!
If you're moving out and need some goods for your new place, check out freecycle first. From what I can tell, there is one in Seattle and if there is one in Seattle, there has to be more in other cities. Not only is it a great way to get things for free, it's also a great way to get rid of stuff too. As they say, one man's junk is another man's treasure!
4 comments:
Woo me too! I am a member of Freecycle here in WA and it is fantastic! We are still in the purging stage, but once we figure out what we need/what we want to do with our space, we will probably get more things from there. I got a free desk last week :)
Freecycle sounds like a great deal! Maybe Eric and I will go there to purge our crap (I mean our beloved treasures) to get a clean slate come this summer.
Yes! Freecycle is da bomb!! I'm also a big fan of roadside treasures--we picked up a pretty good little desk from the side of the road a few months ago. :)
I use FreeCycle in the Seattle area. Actually, this week I picked up a phone charger because mine stopped working. It's pretty fantastic. :)
Post a Comment