Yesterday (Sunday) I purchased a DVD player. I got tired of trying to watch movies on my super slow computer and decided that it was time I committed to a buying one. However, the darn thing won't play any of the movies I brought from home! Wait, correct that... It won't play any of the movies I purchased at home, but it will play the pirated movies I purchased in Vietnam. How does that work again?? I know that Asia and American use two different types of coding on their movies but I expected a DVD player by someone like Sony to actually play both types. I'm so discouraged. My plan was foiled and I haven't seen any pirated movies since I arrived here. I may have to go to a bigger city if I want to acquire new movies. On the bright side though, my friend helped me set up an account with a local movie rental store--but even that has a down side. The store is about a 30 minute walk both ways from my house... Hmph...
The day wasn't a complete loss though. I did visit my city's dollar store or 1,000 Won store. :) Pray that I don't soon become a collector of useless things...
No comments:
Post a Comment