Friday, October 26, 2007

Would you like a postcard from Korea?

Hey friends! I am so excited because I just got my next big project approved by the school. My lesson: informal postcards. I plan to have each of my students write a postcard to someone in America (you!) where they will have to tell them about life in Korea, the culture, the customs, a special holiday, or even school life. Anything they want as long as it's a short letter! When they are finished, I will evaluate their writing and then address the postcards myself and send them to my friends back at home!

The problem: I have about 210 students here at the boys school (only the boys school will be doing this project) and I need more than a few people to send these postcards to! If you would like to receive a postcard from Korea from a young, Korean high school boy, please email me your address ASAP! My email is 1gurlrevolution@gmail.com. DON'T POST YOUR ADDRESS AS A COMMENT TO THIS BLOG!! Don't worry--no students will obtain your address. I will be the only one addressing them.

In addition, it would be really great if you could help me in return! I would like to make this project work for them and make it a fun real-life lesson that they will always remember, so, if you could send me a postcard in response to the ones I send you, I would really appreciate it! You don't have to send a postcard to each student, just one to me in response to all and I will read it to my classes.

Oh, I am so excited!!! If you want to participate (please do!) then send me your address. The only cost you will bear is the price of a stamp and a post card in return, but the good you could do is amazing! Imagine how fun this will be for my students to get mail from strangers in America! They will completely flip out! Plus, you will get a few treasures of your own--some postcards from Korean kids!

Okay, get busy sending me your address and pass this on if you know anyone who might like to participate!

No comments: