Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Daegu Days

Sunday morning, Hyeon Suk and I decided to hit the trail and climb a mountain (you know, a morning walk). :) Yeah, I'm a little greasy...

We had an impromptu photo shoot on our way down.

The mountain was amazing! Pretty much all of Korea is covered in deciduous trees so right now every mountain is like a Van Gough painting, swirling with fantastic colors. This photo doesn't do it justice.

If you're wondering about the lamp post, this trail was more like a road in a park (though there were many 'real' trails that we wandered along on with other hikers) specifically made for hikers and goes a couple km's up into the mountains. There were park benches, streams, scenic stops, bathrooms, snack bars, and temples all the way up the mountain... It was just a little commercialized... Not quite like the wild hiking I'm used to at home... However, the woods were quiet and the air was crispy so despite the city chaos below, the mountain was actually quite peaceful.

Me and Hyeon Suk on our way up. Like peas in a pod...

Yes, here is Sleepless in Seattle... They have great kiwi juice.


Hyeon Suk's friend... Can't remember her name. :( We ate dinner with her at the Outback Steakhouse. Amazing food...


I'm not sure what we were doing here but it looks like we were having fun!

4 comments:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

Hey Kort! I love the pics of Sleepless in Seattle! So there is a friend of mine that is interesting in teaching in S.K. Can you email me some info on the school that you are at? Thanks!

Stacy said...

SO beautiful. I love those crispy fall days. Looks like a dream.

They really have an outback steakhouse there? What don't they have? Really?

Stacy said...

SO beautiful. I love those crispy fall days. Looks like a dream.

They really have an outback steakhouse there? What don't they have? Really?

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of you and I will share them with Uncles and Grandparents thanks...love you mom