I need to plan a lesson for next week and I MUST do it tonight, yet here I am, blogging. Oh procrastination... You follow me everywhere huh?
Today I went to Seoul and saw the dentist. That's right, I'm STILL having teeth problems! I had a filling fall out on Friday and I figured today (no school) was a good day to do it. Everyone kept saying I should just see a dentist in Jeomchon, but no way. I want to see a dentist that I can actually communicate with. I don't want to make some teacher come with me to interpret everything, plus, even if I did want a teacher to come with me, they would probably be of little help. I would have to teach them all kinds of dentistry words which would stink.
Anyhow, it went okay. They couldn't finish the missing filling today for some reason, but they did find about 5 other not-so-obvious cavities that my summer dentist didn't find and they filled four of them. I'm going back on Wednesday to finish the one bad tooth and get the last filling started--that might take two visits as well. Interesting though, I did learn that Korean national health care covers root canals, x-rays, extractions, and a couple other things but not cavity treatments. Darn it. There goes another $1,000 to the dental industry. :( I will never miss a tooth brushing again... Nor will I ever spend another year without dental insurance... I've pretty much put about $6,000 into my mouth this year. God, that makes me sick...
Maybe God's trying to tell me something... I've lately found myself in the possession of numerous toothbrushes (6 to be exact) and 5 tubes of toothpaste. Crazy...
Last night I broke my plug in adapter in one cosmic moment of stupidity. I spent $60 on this really nice adapter before I left and last night I threw it all away. I had this brilliant idea (or so I thought) to plug in my American surge bar into the adapter so that I could plug in numerous items at once. Oh, it all would have worked if I had remembered to plug the surge bar into the voltage converter first before plugging it into the adapter... Merrr. On the up side, the surge bar and adapter were the only casualties.
However, some good did come of this event. When I went to Seoul today I located a massive electronics store and was able to find a new power cord with Korean prongs so I no longer need the adapter for my computer!! Horray! But my joy ended when I got home and realized that I had left my American cord at the store and will now have to buy a new one when I return home. Doh!! I did get a new adapter as well and I found a place for Courtney to get her digital camera fixed (it broke about two months ago).
Tomorrow I'm off to Gyoungju for a teachers training conference. NOT looking forward to it... 4 hours on a bus... I get sick on buses... Ick.
I've got a great culture post on the way. Stay tuned!!
2 comments:
Hang in there....through long icky bus rides! Hopefully you will pull through just fine!
OH and PS - YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED! See my blog post for your assignment :)
Post a Comment