Monday, November 26, 2007

More lovin' from Korea!

Thought I would share with you a photo from one of my latest adventures!

This photo was taken Friday before a school assembly at Munchang HS. The school had invited a movie star/comedian to come speak to the students. I guess he was really funny because everyone laughed, I, however, did not understand a single thing he said. Instead, I sat there in the unheated gym in my NU sweater, freexing my butt off for two hours. Holy cow, it was cold! Remember last year when Seattle lost it's power for a whole week due to that windstorm and we all had to sleep through the night with no heat? It was deja-vu... Anyhow, in the photo, to my left is the principal of the girls school (she came to watch the performance; unfortunately I can never remember her name) and to her left is Mrs. Lee (an English teacher at Munchang who picks me up for school each Monday and never stops telling me how bad she wants me to meet her handsome, genius, single son). Behind the principal is a teacher from Munchang. I'm not sure which one...

As for my weekend adventures, I went shopping in Daegu on Saturday with Mi Hyang and her family. It was okay. I didn't get much except some swimming gear (flippers, anti-fog goggle juice, a new towel). Saturday night, Courtney came over and we watched Signs together, which freaked her out enough that she didn't want to walk home in the dark (lol) so she stayed the night with me. Last night, I made friends with one of my dear neighbors upstairs--a really nice lady with two daughters (one of them goes to Courtney's school). I've seen her before and she has invited me to her house before too, but I never got around to visiting. However, last night I saw her again and this time remembered to visit. I had such a good time talking with her. She is hilarious and her daughters are incredibly sweet. They even took me out to dinner at Mr. Pizza! (Mr. Pizza is like the Pizza Hut equivalent in Korea except it's pretty much 2 or 3x's more expensive!) She even wants to teach me Korean! Yay!! I'm super excited to start visiting her more. :)

No comments: