Saturday, December 13, 2008

In the presence of gods and kings...

Here are some photos from our day out in Giza.


You know, the Sphinx really isn't all that big... And the "Great Pyramid" really is only the middle sized one (there's one next to it that's bigger but just looks smaller because it's at a lower elevation). Just putting a few things in perspective.


Those crazy camel touts... If he had seen me take this picture I'm sure I would have been hit up for money...


Our silly sides coming out.


I look like I have a mullet. The desert does bad things to my hair.


There they all are. Three pyramids in a row.


This one, the largest one, is the one we climbed up into. It was like a super sauna in there. We had sweat dripping from every part of our bodies as we climbed up the narrow, low ceiling tunnels into the pyramid's heart. There was a big group of Japanese tourists coming down while we went up and they kept hitting their heads on the ceiling. I hit mine too once or twice. Unfortunately there are no photos from inside as they confiscated our cameras at the entrance. I don't really no why though; there weren't any reliefs or murals inside...


And here is the Great Pyramid from the bottom up. It didn't feel that big until you were standing next to it and looking up but it was.

No comments: