
I think this was in Kom Umbo but I'm not sure. It was actually a closed stairway to the roof. Or sorta closed. I guess we could have paid the guide 5 Pounds to take us up there but neither of us were keen. Looks cool though. :)

I think this may have been my favorite temple. It was HUGE and CHEAP! Way cheaper than the other ones with far less people. There was so much to see.

These are the remaining feet of Ramses II at the Rameseum Temple in Luxor. It's believed that these feet were the inspiration for the poem Ozymandius.

Hope you're not afraid of heights! This was one long and a bit unsteady metal stairway up a steep crevice in the canyon wall at The Valley of the Kings. We had to climb up here to get a look at one of the tombs. Photos inside were forbidden. Sorry.

I think this was at the Temple of Karnak but I'm not sure. Karnak was the most important and oldest temple among the ancient Egyptians. Very interesting stuff. I believe there was something like 2,000 pillars in this room!

Some cool hieroglyphics at my favorite temple in Luxor. I believe this depiction is of Ramses II smiting the Lybians. Kinda gruesome.


No comments:
Post a Comment