Sunday, December 7, 2008

Walk like and Egyptian...

Okay, so maybe if I keep uploading these things 6 photos at a time I will get them all on Flickr by the beginning of 2010.


Another great sunset shot from the side of our felucca on the Nile.


Straight from the camel's mouth.


We have so much fun together. This was on top of The Dead Mountain in Siwa. Jeremy climbed up there and forced me to follow. (I should mention that I'm the cautious one.)


Bicycle road kill. We rented some TERRIBLE bikes in Siwa with seats like cement and peddles that slanted out. My knees hurt sooo bad after maybe 12km that I couldn't walk very well the next day. And we're pretty sure it was the bikes because our second bike adventure in Luxor was far less painful.


We took a long bike ride out to Fatnas Island in Siwa, at the edge of the Great Sand Sea, and enjoyed a relaxing couple of hours under palms, sipping sodas. It was perfect.


These kids followed us all over the animal market in Alexandria. I just love their smiles.


You know, I've been to so many temples now that I can't remember which one this was taken at. But it looks cool. I guess the Egyptian dance is an ancient tradition after all! Jk.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Cool pictures. Where will you be spending Christmas this year?

judy and john said...

That camel is smiling? Reading about your travels is fun. Keep on!!!