
This was taken at the Temple of Hatsheput in Luxor, Egypt this morning. This temple is a fantastic structure just below the Valley of the Kings. It was a long day on bikes in the scorching sun. We drank tons of water and ate pomegranates and oranges all day. So much fun!

This is by far the-most-amazing sunset ever. Take my breath away. Jeremy and I spent two days and two nights sailing down the Nile with 8 other lovely people for the bargain price of about $10 a day. Can you believe it? We had so much fun. Sometimes it could get a little boring but then you'd just lay your head back in the sun, close your eyes, and drift off along with the boat. It was magical. So many stories and photos to come!

This is an old market in Yerevan, Armenia. We spent a solid 5 days there and had a blast doing everything from touring a brandy factory to attending the ballet (woo hoo for date nights!). This market was full of fruit--dried and fresh. We had a great time going around sampling things and in the end walked out with some dried cherries! Yum!

Any single ladies out there? While at the old palace in Seki, Azerbaijan (pronounced Shekee), we ran into these hot young studs who wanted to take our photo. And you know, I just couldn't let them go without taking one for you too! So make your choice! Mail Order Husbands by Kortney! I take all major credit cards. :)
I iz watching you, bunniez.Have you ever seen those Cheezburger photos? OMG, they're sooo funny. Sure to make you smile on a bad day... Well, while getting lost in the Islamic markets of Alexandria, Egypt, we found ourselves in the middle of an animal market with tons of tukeys, pidgeons, goats, sheep, geese, and rabbits. But I almost lost it when I saw this. This cat had crawled into an open rabbit cage and settled down on one side while all the bunnies cowered in the corner. I had to take a photo. So here it is--my Cheezburger photo!

After Alexandria we went straight to Siwa Oasis at the edge of The Great Sand Sea in the Sahara Desert. The Great Sand Sea is truly great--stretching over 1,400 km--and was once upon a time well under the real sea. Jeremy and I had been itching to get on a camel and so we headed out into the desert. Above are out trusty steeds!! On the left is Jeremy's and on the right is my beautiful boy. (You can see my go-everywhere Marmot bag on the sadle). We had such a good time! By the end of the two day adventure we were competing as to who had the better camel. I got the last word; his went straight for the food when we arrived at the ranch and refused to move. It was a stuggle to get J off. Hehehe...
MORE TO COME!!
3 comments:
OH my goodness you are all over the world crazy. Is Armenia next to Egypt? I am so confused. Nevertheless, I LOVE the sunset photo and the one that yes, should be submitted to I Iz Cheezeburger :)
HUGS!
fun! Do you think I could escape to a float down the nile. I wish Max could imagine himself there about NOW and drift off into a blissful 4 hour nap. He's on nap strike these days, and is SO tired he can't stand himself...
You guys are amazing. What travels! Kudos!!!
Jealous here...
So, apologies not necessary. Just glad to hear that all is well and it looks so wonderfully warm...GREAT photos. Sunset has wonderful colors. Keep having fun.
Post a Comment