Thursday, January 17, 2008

A brief update...

I am currently at camp and LOVING it! PTL! I am having a great week! My kids this week are awesome! They are so energetic and get a long really well. In fact, everyone wishes they had my class! It's such a huge change from last week!

That's the funny thing about teaching. You can have on bad kid and the rest go bad too. You can have one bad class and the whole day is ruined. You can have one bad day and the whole week feels like a waste. You can have one bad week and start thinking about going home. Sometimes living here is like being caught up in the middle of a domino line and there is nothing you can do when they all start to fall. Thankfully this week picked up again. I am so grateful for it. Let's hope that next week is good too!

I'll be posting pictures and videos from camp in a couple weeks. Stay tuned!

As for my life ambitions, more and more opportunities keep popping up. I'm currently working on my application for the Foreign Service Exam (it's taken me over 2 weeks to complete and I still have 3 more essays to write!) and Peace Corps remains a lingering thought... For the past few months I've thought of nothing but paying off my student loans but these last few days have brought fresh perspective; maybe I should just defer them for a little while and really go off somewhere I want to be or try a new place that I've never considered (PC?)... Don't get me wrong, Korea is nice but I can't see myself here long term. I might be able to do a second year but I can't imagine anything beyond that. Just thought I'd put that out there. What am I currently thinking about? Moving to Francophone Africa, Thailand or India. I need change.

2 comments:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

You are taking the Foreign Service exam? Wow. Most grad students in Int'l Affairs here in DC can't even pass that! You go girl. You will learn lots!

Way to go, world changer...and world traveller! :)

Stacy said...

You are amazing. I am SO glad you had such a fun week with kids. They need people to love on and connect with them, eh..

We're watching Hockey today and chilling out.

Love you!

Africa would be cool...