Sunday, January 13, 2008

Oh, the places you'll go!

It's official!

I purchased my seat in a tour from Intrepid Travel a couple weeks ago and today I finally purchased my plane ticket... I'M GOING TO THAILAND!!!! I've been waiting for this for sooo long!

The trip highlights:
  • Days 1 & 2: Bangkok! Sights include: The Grand Palace, canal rides in a longtail boat, and Temple of the Emerald Buddha (plus the numerous little side trips I want to take)!
  • Days 3 & 4: Khao Sok National Park. Highlights: Rainforest, rainforest, rainforest!! 2 nights in remote floating raft houses, swimming, hiking, and wildlife spotting.
  • Days 5 & 6: Khao Sok National Park. Jungle hikes to cave temples and evening story time with locals about the legends behind the caves, hikes to waterfalls, inner-tubing down a rainforest river, and elephant rides in bush!
  • Days 7 & 8: Krabi. Homestay one night, second night hotel. Highlights: cooking lessons, exploring the village, trying rubber stamping, visiting mosques, the infamous limestone karst scenery, sea kayaking, swimming, and thai boxing.
  • Days 9-13: Trang Coast/Andaman Sea (Ko Sukorn). Highlights: two nights camping under the stars on the beach, swimming, kayaking, rockclimbing, biking, nature walks, dugong sighting tips, snorkeling, scuba diving, parasailing (?), visiting a fishing village, and visiting a rubber plantation.
  • Days 14 & 15: Back to Bangkok. Find those last minute gems that I can't leave without seeing. Probably includes a Thai massage/spa.
  • The whole trip: LOTS OF PHOTOS!!

Can't wait!!

1 comment:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

You will LOVE Thailand! Bring your sunblock. Anything with "Ko" in the title means island, so you should expect bright white sand :) Happy Vacation time, girlie girl! I look forward to seeing those photos....