Friday, January 18, 2008

We won!!

Just thought I would let you know that my team won the English Camp Academy Award for Best Play Production and our leading role, Snow White, won Best Actress. It was a blessed evening.

Here is the play in all it's grandeur. Each scene is about two minutes long. The play is called Snow White is not so Bright (written and directed by yours truly).

Scene 1


Scene 2


Scene 3


Scene 4


Scene 5


Scene 6


This morning I said goodbye to my camp kids (Team Dirty Dozen). It was really emotional. I didn't realize how much they had grown on me or how much I had grown on them. Amid tears from both the girls and the boys, I found myself touched beyond what I expected. I really felt like I had accomplished something. The kids really did improve their English, but more importantly, they found confidence in speaking and really felt safe using English with me. Each hug told me how much I meant to them. I was a teacher, a friend, a sister, a trusted loved-one. I really did make an impact, but so did they. They reminded me that I am a good teacher, that I shouldn't give up, that they love me just as much as I love them. I have waited 5 months for a week like this and I am so blessed that I could share it with such an amazing group of kids. As cheesy as it sounds, I won't ever forget them and I know they won't ever forget me either. In fact, I had a text message from one of them before I got home, from the one girl who didn't want a hug, telling me that she loved me. It's times like these that remind us that love truly is the greatest gift of all.

2 comments:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

What a great post, Kort. What is awesome here is that with your posted video too, you can glimpse at them whenever you need to! What a successful camp! :)

Author: Carissa Burk said...

Your videos aren't working. :-(