(Funny that I'm posting this when I've complained about Korea so much, but take my experience with a grain of salt. I'm sure that if I had been placed in a large city, I would feel much differently and my story would be much different too.)
My boyfriend is leaving Korea after two years in August and his absence means his hogwan will be looking for a new teacher (or two!) and his loft apartment will be up for grabs. If you are interested or know anyone who is, let me know. This really is a great job and a great place to live!
The job: The hogwan is a franchise of a very reputable corporation. The owner and director are really considerate and very supportive/helpful to all of their teachers--a top rate hogwan. The perks: small classes, a helpful staff, provided curriculum (it's pretty good too!), middle school age kids, and most students are high level having studied abroad at some point. The pay is really good and can range anywhere from 2 million to 3.5 million depending on your experience/references/education/etc. Lots of other little extras.
The loft: It's fully furnished and located really close to the hogwan--maybe twenty minutes walking or $1.80 taxi ride away. The Incheon subway line is located just outside the building's front door and the blue line (line 1) is just a 5 minute walk away (the stop is an express stop too!). Everything is close. Two banks just around the corner, a couple market stores within 5 minutes walking and there's lots of really good galbi restaurants in the area. The apartment building also has a PC bang and a convenience store on the first floor where you can pick up sugar, milk, rent videos, and I think you can even buy icecream there for a little mid-night snacking! I should also mention that he lives on the 12th floor (serviced by elevators), has an AMAZING view, and the roof is open for roof-top parties! There's a front loading washer, a glass top stove, a big, proper sized fridge (not the insipid minis you find in studios), a glass shower (no more glorified hoses!), heated floors, a/c, building security (one of the guards even speaks some English!), and LOTS of storage space--3 double cupboards in the loft and 3 or 4 double door closets in the hallway, plus all the cupboards in the kitchen. If you've ever been confined to a Korean "one-room" then you should not pass this up!! This is seriously a great place to live.
If you are interested or know someone who might be (whether they're in Korea now or maybe want to be in the future) let me know. I can put you in contact with him and he can give you more details. Just think: you could be making close to if not more than $3,000 USD per month and be living in a super sweet place. Leave a comment for more info. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment