Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A little TLC can go a long way.

With a busy weekend, a night in Ajuma hell, and little sleep, I found myself in a bad way Monday morning. I was sick.

I guess it's been coming on for a while. I started coughing Thursday last week and it continued all weekend with sneezing added on Saturday. It seemed a lot like allergies to me but I'm not so sure anymore. Runny nose? Sneezing--sometimes 7 or 8 times in a row? Dizziness? Headaches? Coughing and a sore throat (helped no doubt by the runny nose)? The only thing that makes me think it's something else is that my muscles ached a lot yesterday. Anyhow, I started my allergy medicine regime (thank God for Clariten!) Monday night but it usually takes me three to four days for allergy related things to clear up. We're on day pill number three now and with nearly 12 hours of sleep last night, I think we're getting there. I'm feeling loads better today. I have energy, will power, no more headache, I'm coughing less, and haven't sneezed once yet. Perhaps allergies is the answer. You know, I always had allergy problems during Seattle's rainy winter and Korea's monsoon season officially began yesterday. Correlation or causation? I think causation...

Maybe another 12 hour night will push me over the threshold and into good health again...

No comments: