--My main co-teacher is useless. She never gets anything done. In fact, I just found out she's been sitting on information about the completion of my contract for 2 months and has yet to look at it. Can I slap her? Do I have your permission? I can't wait to leave Korea...
--My boyfriend is the sweetest. :)
--Last week I had dinner with a couple girls and really enjoyed it. Rebecca and Kite are two of my best students and they joined me, Lindsay and Courtney for dinner at the galbi restaurant next to my building. Very fun. Wish I had brought my camera. Next time we do this, I'll be sure to take you along (via photos, of course)!
--I quit my private lessons a couple weeks ago because Courtney was questioned at school about doing them and I feared that I might soon be questioned too. (It is illegal to do private lessons and the consequences are likely to be deportation--not that I'd mind too much!) It was a sad way to end because I liked the boys a lot and was just getting used to talking with them and planning for them, but c'est la vie. The mothers still want to meet though for the occasional dinner and that's pretty cool. I like free food. The only down side is that I'm loosing out on a bunch of money that really helped me save more...
These are my busy boys making comics during our last lesson.
--Tomorrow night is movie night with Courtney and we're taking over Jamie's church to watch movies on their big screen projector. Should be fun. Thanks for sending me all that popcorn! It shall come in handy!
--No matter how often I clean my kitchen, it always smells. Did I mention that I hate Korea?? Conversely, my bathroom is no longer flooding. I am sooo happy!--LOVED the Sex in the City movie. If you like the show, I'm sure you'll love it too. Even my bf liked it. :)
--Koreans are always trying to lose weight in some fashion and below is the newest device: a face roller that will apparently thin your face! (???) "Why?" you ask? A thin face is very important in Korea. In fact, being told you have a small head or thin face is probably the nicest compliment someone can give you on your appearance. Anyhow, here is a demonstration of how to use it.
Just a little humor for your day.
2 comments:
Hehe great pic Kort!
India is going to be so much fun! I'm a little jealous right now! ;)
Glad to hear about the face roller. I knew that there was hope for me yet.
Post a Comment