Monday, July 14, 2008

Read Only

Last week, something very sad happened: my computer's keyboard went out. Yep, it's now a "read only" computer. The mouse still works (sorta) and Explorer stays open (most of the time) so I can still read blogs, email and news but there will be significantly less email typing and blogging in the next couple months. I can still get some done at work but not much. Also, starting next week, I'll be at camp for two weeks. Then it's one week of vacation and then one more week of class. Then I'm gone. So if my blog starts looking a little skinny, don't worry. I just won't have many opportunities to write. But hey, once I get to India, there will be LOTS to write about and LOTS of pictures to share! Lucky for me, there are lots of Internet cafes in India and I shouldn't have any problems finding a place to sit and type every other night or so.

As for my computer, Jeremy says it probably has a memory leak (a.k.a. Alzheimer's) and I may be able to still type if I go out and buy an external keyboard. But why put money into the thing? I've already accepted that my computer won't be going with me to Australia. It's just too old (6 yrs) and too decrepit. It's not worth it's weight in postage.

A funny thing happens when you're living overseas and moving between countries: you start evaluating the value of your possessions in terms of postage. This week is packing week. Hopefully I won't have too many heavy boxes!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Bummer... I so love keeping up on you via this place. I can't believe just how short your time there is now. It'll go so fast, I am sure.
I saw a friend at church who is home from Syndey on a visit... we'll have to connect you two up if you end up in Sydney... anyway. Hang in there, Miss Keyboardless.