It's begun. I told my kids last week that I'd be leaving and I gave the girls one last assignment: to write me a goodbye letter. Because of exams, I gave them two weeks to get it done but I've already received a several letters. Here is a small sampling of what I've got (I left the spelling and grammar errors for you):
Letter #1 from Iris
Hi Kortney,
I'm Iris.When you said the news, I was sorry to hear that. :(But, Don't forget the time with us. I also do.I have important question! Do you know my name now? I consider that you memorized at that time even if there isn't teacher (you), I'll Do My Best at speaking English! (she wrote this in red) That's why I apply for your class (summer vacation) then we can see later! That's about it. Good bye ㅠㅠ and thank you so much!
From Iris
Cute Kortney kk
Let's have a dinner too later!
Letter #2 from Anita
Kortney
Hi, How are you?
I'm very nervous! I feel I'm going to die. To... Tomorrow, Final test!! I'll do my best. And.. I think you are so NICE, KIND! Actually, I really envy your nose! (picture of my sparkling nose) Do you remember our.... dinner? Oh, I was so sorry! You didn't eat anything, except water, and we didn't have icecream.:-) But I was the best experience and TIME. I appreciate it. I think we won't meet in the future.:-( But, I believe when the time comes, we will meet somewhere. Contradiction? Have a nice day.
Anita
Letter #3 from Olivia
Dear Korenty,
Hi Kortney :) How are you? This is Olivia who study very hard in your class XD. I heard that you are going to study elsewhere instead of going back to your own country. Spending time together over the half year and I grew attached to you but now you are going away so I'm sad. I imagine that you coming from foreign county and living alone would have been very hard and made you lonely. I don't think there will be much chance of us meeting together, but if you ever come back to Korea again, I wish we could talk more than nowadays. Or when I go to USA to study MBA, I will meet you! So you have to waiting for me. I think you for persevering the loneliness and difficulties in this far away land Korea to teach us with sincerity. I believe that you would love well in different country. Although you are leaving, to us Kortney will always be in our heart. I will not forget my first native English language teacher (in a high school) and I will study hard. Teacher, I look up to you, I thank you. Good-bye teacher Kortney!
Lovely,
Olivia
Olivia Letter #4 from Ariel
Hi Kortney?
My name is Ariel. How do you do? Today is sunny. Kortney, I'm sad because you leave Korea after vacation. Your class funny and you have funny joke. I like that! Kortney, you look pretty. Very very. I see you, I think Foreigers are pretty~Kortney, I'm not forget. You talked to me "You are crazy girl~" hahahohohehe. Pretty Cortney I will miss you. Until now, thanks.... I like you!!!! Don't you forget me and Mungyeong girls High School. Bye bey~ I hope you healthy (?)Yours,
Ariel
Letter #5 from Jasmine (her and Ariel are best friends and sit together)
Dear Kortney,
Hello. I'm Jasmine. When I hear that you leave Korea, my heart feel empty. Your class is very interesting. You are so activity, so I'm interested in your class. From Tuesday to Friday, I'm bored. But Monday, I'm funny. I don't forget you. Bye bye.~
No comments:
Post a Comment