I wish I had something to blog about but there's really not much happening these days. All week, schools across Korea are taking final exams which means I'm not working and instead sitting at my desk--which really isn't all that exciting.
I've applied to a second school in Australia--the University of Technology Sydney. Lets hope I get accepted! Their MA Journalism program has a lot more requirements for entry than UQ. I decided to apply at UTS because there were some complications with my paperwork at UQ and I'm feeling decidedly less confident that I'll get in--not because of my error but because of their's. So it's nice to have a back up plan. But I've also been considering UTS for a while because it's in Sydney which means I will have a lot more opportunities to work in the media while at school--which is what I really want and really need. One last hurdle remains to completing my application: I need to get notarized copies of my degree from the Australian Embassy--hopefully I can get out of work early today and get that done.
Last weekend I went to a birthday party with J for some of his Australian friends. I must say, I'm really looking forward to moving to Australia. Those Aussies really know how to have fun. They're so much more laid back. And complete party animals. I love it. :)
Hmmm, what else is new? I'm going to a 100 day birthday party this weekend for one of J's co-workers. The 100 day birthday is a big deal in Korea. It marks 100 days since birth that a child has been alive and in Korean history has indicated that the child would not die young but would survive. A lot goes on at the 100 day birthday party but I'll save the details for later! I'm sure you'll all be surprised!
The other night Courtney and I went for a walk out in the country and stumbled upon some old Ajumas alongside a little hamlet by the river. They were so curious about us because no one--really NO ONE--ventures out there, let alone strange foreigners! We had a great time talking and taking pictures of them. They had lots of questions for us but of course we could hardly understand them. However, eventually one older gentleman from the little village came out and joined us and he spoke a little English which greatly aided our conversation. Unfortunately the photos are all stored on my computer at the other school so you won't see them until sometime next week when I have a chance to load them on here.
No comments:
Post a Comment