Monday, July 7, 2008

Sizzling

It's hot. Really hot. Right now the temperature is 91 degrees and with 60% humidity, that feels like 103. Oh, and there's absolutely no breeze. None. Nada. Nothing. This afternoon shall be my sweatiest run EVER. I need to start drinking water now! If I don't, I'm likely to collapse in a puddle of human goo after I pass one mile...

But hey, it finally feels like I'm living in Asia. The cicadas came out last week. I love their little buzz. It makes me feel like I'm back at Hui Jia in China were I walked the campus grounds in the barren afternoon while everyone hid under their air conditioners. And in the morning, I feel like I'm back in Hanoi where the air was always moist but cool at 9 am. And the rubble all over my street (I practically live in the middle of a construction zone right now) pretty much makes my little apartment block look like Hanoi too.

I can't wait for India. Get me out of Korea.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

That does sound HOT. We've got a nice breeze here to cool things down, but I love summer!
Miss ya!